Friday, October 2, 2015

Best of Intentions


I started this blog with the best of intentions, which I believe is how most things begin. Unfortunately, life has repeatedly gotten in the way of my plans and this place has been the first to suffer.  I believe I must make a commitment to myself to carve out the time to do what I enjoy; I do so enjoy writing.

Having seen other bloggers attempt, and often succeed, I'm planning a month of blogging.  Yes, it is my intention to write something here every day of October.  I've no idea if I will be successful, but I will give it my best.  Wish me luck!

2 comments :

  1. I'm so glad to see that you're "back in the saddle" again. Reading your posts were always ... well, "refreshing" is a pretty good word for it. Yes, refreshing is just the word I'm looking for. I, too, have greatly neglected my two blogs - The Southern Agrarian, and Be A Southern Gentleman - as other things pull on my time.

    In yesterday's post, you talked about losing your father. Mine died a few years ago, and we are now going through that with my mother. She has, perhaps, another week or two remaining if the Hospice nurse estimates are correct. We stop by for a visit every day, as do my two brothers and my sister, but a good day is when she acknowledges that we're there. Today was a good day.

    I wish you the best on your month of blogging, I hope that will serve to prod me on to get back into the habit of daily writing. Best wishes to you, ma'am, and thank you for inspiring me to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely words! It is wonderful to be back and I look forward to moving forward. Yes, I've noticed your absence from your blogs, but I understand time is precious and blogging must, at times, be put aside. I look forward to reading The Southern Agrarian and Be A Southern Gentleman when you have time to write again.

      My condolences on the loss of your father. I imagine that "a few years" feels like yesterday when losing a parent. I will keep your mother in my prayers, along with you and your family. May you all find comfort in those good days that you are blessed to share.

      Best wishes,
      Stacy

      Delete

Comments are appreciated and always welcomed, but please remember...
"Kindness is in our power, even when fondness is not." ~ Mark Twain